Click on a job title to see more details
Account Manager, Los Angeles
• Review of insertion orders for date availability and correct impression levels
• Creation of production schedules, asset lists, and other documents which keep each campaign organized
• Initiation and documentation of client kick-off calls
• Create media plans designed to meet client objectives
• Professional communication with client regarding items needed for trafficking
• Meticulous organization and documentation of campaign information to be accessed by groups such as Sales and Finance
• Consistent review of pacing and optimization to ensure each campaign is a success
• Creation of final reports for the Client and for billing purposes
• Microsoft Office Skills are a MUST, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
• Media or online experience preferred
• Exceptional relationship-building skills
• Strong data entry skills
• Good administrative writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Customer focused
• High energy individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
• 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
• Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to work well with different personalities and within a team setting
• Passionate about pop culture and looking to LOVE their job!
SPIN.com Editorial Internship
SPIN is seeking interns with strong backgrounds in writing and a serious interest in music and youth culture for editorial intern positions. SPIN employs interns during its Spring (January to May), Summer (June to August), and Fall (September to December) programs. Interns work 16-24 hours per week (two or three full days) and will receive college credit. All editorial internships are completed at our New York offices in Manhattan. SPIN does not provide housing or travel assistance.
About the Intern Program:
Interns are responsible for transcribing interviews, researching stories, updating release and event schedules, running errands, organizing mail, conducting interviews. Interns also pitch and write stories for SPIN
Complete intern applications include a cover letter, résumé, and 2 to 4 clips. Applicants without published clips are encouraged to submit music-related pieces (reviews or news stories) written on their own. There is no formal application form.
- The application deadline for the Spring internship is December 15
- The application deadline for the Summer internship is March 15
- The application deadline for the Fall internship is July 15
Technical Producer/Project Manager
SpinMedia Group is a digital-first media company connecting a vast network of entertainment and music fans to the content, celebrities and brands they love. We’re the passionate fans behind some of the web’s most loved sites and we harness our collective pop culture obsession to create authentic connections through online content, social and mobile platforms, events and integrated marketing programs. Through iconic brands such as SPIN, VIBE, Celebuzz, The Frisky, Idolator and Stereogum. SpinMedia Group provides brands with authentic and credible connections to fans by feeding pop culture obsessions.
Create and execute project plans for multiple projects
Manage vendors and cross-functional project teams
Facilitate team and vendor meetings effectively
Effectively communicate relevant project information to all stakeholders
Resolve and/or escalate issues timely
Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner
Mitigate team conflict and communication problems
Set and manage client expectations
Manage vendors and ensure on-time delivery
Collaborate with product management, design, and technical development teams
Plan for upcoming work and collaborate with the team on resource needs
Update senior management on project and work task status
Insure quality of Ad Products and oversee Quality Control and Testing
At least 4 years of experience in a technical project management role leading complex projects
Proven project management experience: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, quality control and risk management
Effective management of multiple projects simultaneously
Able to manage cross functional teams consisting of product, design, and engineering
Proven management of multiple project stakeholders
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Excellent project leadership and team building skills
Effective communication and presentation skills appropriate for interaction with clients, vendors, and senior management
Ability to understand technical and design documents
Experience in a web/mobile development environment
Proficiency in MS Office tools, and Adobe CC (Photoshop for checking assets)
Familiarity with html5, css3, jQuery and Ad QA methodology
Consumer Insights Analyst
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as internal research expert, leveraging internal and 3rd party data sets (ComScore, Nielsen & IAB) to extract actionable insights.
- Work closely with Sales, Integrated Marketing & Business Intelligence teams to develop research support process for RFP responses.
- Produce monthly internal and competitive research reports for the organization, highlighting traffic trends across all digital media (PC, mobile, video, social).
- Manage relationships with 3rd party research vendors.
- Present research results and findings to client partners as needed.
- Develop training programs for Sales, Integrated Marketing and Account Management teams to extract key findings from syndicated platforms.
- Think of creative ways to enhance company insights leveraging Business Intelligence tools (Google Analytics, Tableau)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1-3 years experience working in digital research at an agency, publisher or research vendor.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience in syndicated research tools, including comScore and Nielsen required.
- Experience with digital analytics (Google Analytics / Omniture) and social analytics, (Facebook Insights) a plus.
- Knowledge of ad effectiveness solutions and methodologies, including those offered by Dynamic Logic, comScore, Nielsen and Insight Express.
- Experience with measuring ad viewability (comScore vCE / Integral Ad Science) a plus.
- Ability to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present detailed research findings.
About the Company:
SpinMedia is a team of obsessed cultural junkies creating the most influential and engaging editorial communities on the planet. Each day we create more than 1,000 mouth-watering stories and videos, fueling 45 trusted editorial brands; connecting 20 million fans around the topics they love. SpinMedia reaches socially connected millennial influencers, who indulge their passion for pop culture through the brands they buy. Through category-leading titles such as SPIN, Vibe, Celebuzz, The Frisky, Idolator, Stereogum, The Superficial, WWTDD, Death&Taxes, and Buzznet, among others, we dominate entertainment and music news. Our social content platform delivers an unforgettable experience for our fans to consume anywhere, anytime with a richness and depth no one else can match. We excel in providing brands with an authentic and credible way to connect with fans by feeding their pop culture obsessions. We are SpinMedia. We are #obsessed.
Billing & AR Analyst
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to and resolve inquiries involving billing discrepancies, account status, adjustments, etc.
Control of billing process including timeliness of billing, collections and systems management.
Generating complex invoices related to advertising campaigns.
Tracking ongoing and future campaigns to ensure proper forecasting and timely billing.
Allocating revenue among 30 distinct websites.
Overseeing Salesforce forecasting and revenue tracking.
Evaluating credit-worthiness of new customers.
Working with customers to ensure timely collections.
Research and resolve client invoice discrepancies.
Assure accurate and timely month end-close process.
Gather detailed campaign revenue and expense data.
Enter cash application daily.
Report on receivables status weekly.
A/R Month/Quarter/Year closing, reporting and review.
Internal reporting as required.
Review processes and maximize efficiencies of team tasks.
Liaison with Sales Team and Account Managers.
Other duties as assigned.
A strong background in accounting that includes enthusiasm, high-energy, and professionalism will be critical to success in this position. Accounting experience in the digital media advertising industry is desired but not mandatory. Also:
3+ years progressive accounting/accounts receivable experience
Experience in handling large volumes of data
Must have strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
Strong customer service skills and focus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills at all levels
Intermediate Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups) at a minimum
Must be a team player
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must be hands on
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate must be hands-on, detail-oriented, proactive, customer-oriented, and have the interest and ability to grow with SpinMedia Group, Inc. Must be flexible to change and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
CHARATERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Inquisitive frame of mind
Strong sense of team
Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
Branded Content Manager
- Support Integrated Marketing department with creative concepting for native content
- Work with Marketing to hone concepts into succinct pitches for proposals
- Manage all aspects of written native content production, including writing pieces and assigning pieces to contracted writers
- Oversee social promotion of native content
- Manage content performance and distribution to ensure fulfillment of campaign kpi’s.
- Proven track record in content and creative concepting in either editorial or marketing
- Fluency with WordPress
- Experience engaging social platforms as a means to drive traffic to content
- Familiarity with developing content marketing ROI through Facebook, Twitter StumbleUpon, AdWords, etc.
- Strong writing, and the ability to lend an adaptable voice and perspective to a variety of contexts and sites
Experiential Marketing and Events Intern
SpinMedia currently owns and operates over 40 websites ranging from music to fashion to celebrity news. The Experiential Marketing and Events intern program is designed to help qualified candidates learn about experiential marketing, event management and production, the entertainment industry, digital media as a medium for media consumption and syndication as well as give qualified candidates the ability to learn with hands-on experience what it’s like to work for the leading entertainment and pop-culture destination on the web. SpinMedia is looking for 2 interns for this program with unparalleled access and experience.
Based in Hollywood, this department is responsible for creating all offline experiences, events, stunts, and more, for our clients and consumers. Candidates must be deeply interested with everything pop-culture, music, film, tv, internet, art, and fashion related. This is a non-paid internship opportunity with unparallel access and ideal for students who need class credit. This is also a great opportunity for a Resume builder, contact builder and much more!
Your responsibilities will touch on all of the following core business units: Branded Entertainment, Sales and Marketing, Social Media, Digital Technology, Event Production and Management, Public Relations and general administrative / clerical research.
Please send your cover letter and resume for review. Candidates must receive school credit; please include availability in your introduction.
Senior Graphic Designer
Your style will be felt in front of a highly captive audience that reaches millions of monthly viewers. Your designs will be amazing and the portfolio that you create with us will be incredible. Our creative team is fast, full of suggestions and we like to experiment, prototype and take calculated risks that push the needle forward. You’ll be able to work on multiple projects many of which involve some of the biggest brands on the Internet.
SpinMedia Group is a digital-first media company connecting a vast network of entertainment and music fans to the content, celebrities and brands they love. We’re the passionate fans behind some of the web’s most loved sites and we harness our collective pop culture obsession to create authentic connections through online content, social and mobile platforms, events and integrated marketing programs. Through iconic brands such as SPIN, VIBE, Celebuzz, Buzznet, The Frisky, Idolator and Stereogum, SpinMedia Group provides brands with authentic and credible connections to fans by feeding pop culture obsessions
Work closely to collaborate with the product, technology, and advertising teams while crafting and polishing user experiences and interfaces for site layouts, ad campaigns, custom ad units, content driven editorial units, and more
You’ll be creating compelling site re-designs and layouts, from desktop to mobile
Jump into existing campaign creatives and maintain style guide and consistency of brand collateral across advertising units
Wrap your head around big concepts and distill them down to a few key images for a pitch deck
Create design executions across a variety of media including web, interactive, video, and occasionally print
5-7 years designing beautiful online graphics and experiences (we will want to see your portfolio)
UI/UX experience across desktop and mobile design
Familiarity of IAB ad products - i.e. to takeovers, overlays, banner ads, etc…
You’re a master of your design tools - we primarily use Photoshop, so knowing your way around it is key
You like typography and know when to follow the color theory principals and when to blur the lines
You can articulate the voice / personality of your audience to others
You’re used to positively processing feedback, iterating and experimenting
You like to evangelize your ideas, it’s effect on user behavior, presenting visuals and interacting with clients internal and external
You follow design trends and have applied them somewhere on the web
You know how to create memorable experiences on any device
People enjoy working with you
You can deliver projects on tight deadlines when necessary
General knowledge of HTML / CSS is a plus
Account Coordinator, Programmatic Sales
- Support the Director, Programmatic Sales with the execution and maintenance of ongoing accounts
- Cross-check weekly programmatic revenue report for finance
- Create and maintain orders in revenue stack
- Work with the Ad Operations team to set new campaigns live
- Optimize live accounts
- Professional communication among internal teams
- Meticulous organization and documentation of campaign/advertiser information to be accessed by groups such as Sales and Finance
A successful Account Coordinator, Programmatic must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high tech environment within a rapidly growing company. This person must be detail-oriented, professional both on the phone and through e-mail, able to think both logically and strategically, as well as anticipate problems before they arise.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ideally has a finance, accounting, or business background
- Excel - high proficiency required
- Media experience preferred
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work well with different personalities and within a team setting
- Passionate about pop culture and looking to LOVE their job!