Click on a job title to see more details
SPIN.com Editorial Internship
SPIN is seeking interns with strong backgrounds in writing and a serious interest in music and youth culture for editorial intern positions. SPIN employs interns during its Spring (January to May), Summer (June to August), and Fall (September to December) programs. Interns work 16-24 hours per week (two or three full days) and will receive college credit. All editorial internships are completed at our New York offices in Manhattan. SPIN does not provide housing or travel assistance.
About the Intern Program:
Interns are responsible for transcribing interviews, researching stories, updating release and event schedules, running errands, organizing mail, conducting interviews. Interns also pitch and write stories for SPIN
Complete intern applications include a cover letter, résumé, and 2 to 4 clips. Applicants without published clips are encouraged to submit music-related pieces (reviews or news stories) written on their own. There is no formal application form.
- The application deadline for the Spring internship is December 15
- The application deadline for the Summer internship is March 15
- The application deadline for the Fall internship is July 15
At least 2-3 days per week (20+ hours per week)
SpinMedia is defining digital culture; publishing more than 40 leading brands whose original voices define their categories. SpinMedia reaches one in four millennials in the U.S. monthly through its portfolio of award-winning and influential brands including: SPIN, VIBE, Celebuzz, Stereogum, Buzznet, TheSuperficial, Idolator, PureVolume, AbsolutePunk, What Would Tyler Durden Do?, SocialiteLife, Go Fug Yourself, Just Jared, Pink is the New Blog, Gorilla vs. Bear, TheFrisky!, and Brooklyn Vegan. As measured by comScore, SpinMedia is the largest digital publisher of entertainment news and the fourth largest digital publisher of original music content in the U.S. SpinMedia draws on original editorial content, deep audience engagement, and knowledge of the young adult audience to provide customized, innovative marketing and advertising solutions across its branded properties.
OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENT
The Analytics department manages all the data information infrastructure for the company. They perform a wide range of business analysis and is focused on delivering insights to drive revenues, profitability and deliver higher ROI. This is a highly visible department that works cross-functionally w/ different teams.
- Google Analytics ad-hoc analysis
- Google Analytics administration tasks
- Ad Hoc Data Analysis
- Parsely analysis
- Help create Site Performance Analysis
- Help in Google Analytics setup audits
o Excellent analytical skills business acumen
o Ideally has finance, accounting, business background
o Excel – high proficiency required
o Java Script a plus
o Google Analytics / Tableau experience a plus
INTERN(S) MUST RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN SPINMEDIA’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
Consumer Insights Analyst
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as internal research expert, leveraging internal and 3rd party data sets (ComScore, Nielsen & IAB) to extract actionable insights.
- Work closely with Sales, Integrated Marketing & Business Intelligence teams to develop research support process for RFP responses.
- Produce monthly internal and competitive research reports for the organization, highlighting traffic trends across all digital media (PC, mobile, video, social).
- Manage relationships with 3rd party research vendors.
- Present research results and findings to client partners as needed.
- Develop training programs for Sales, Integrated Marketing and Account Management teams to extract key findings from syndicated platforms.
- Think of creative ways to enhance company insights leveraging Business Intelligence tools (Google Analytics, Tableau)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1-3 years experience working in digital research at an agency, publisher or research vendor.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience in syndicated research tools, including comScore and Nielsen required.
- Experience with digital analytics (Google Analytics / Omniture) and social analytics, (Facebook Insights) a plus.
- Knowledge of ad effectiveness solutions and methodologies, including those offered by Dynamic Logic, comScore, Nielsen and Insight Express.
- Experience with measuring ad viewability (comScore vCE / Integral Ad Science) a plus.
- Ability to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present detailed research findings.
About the Company:
SpinMedia is a team of obsessed cultural junkies creating the most influential and engaging editorial communities on the planet. Each day we create more than 1,000 mouth-watering stories and videos, fueling 45 trusted editorial brands; connecting 20 million fans around the topics they love. SpinMedia reaches socially connected millennial influencers, who indulge their passion for pop culture through the brands they buy. Through category-leading titles such as SPIN, Vibe, Celebuzz, The Frisky, Idolator, Stereogum, The Superficial, WWTDD, Death&Taxes, and Buzznet, among others, we dominate entertainment and music news. Our social content platform delivers an unforgettable experience for our fans to consume anywhere, anytime with a richness and depth no one else can match. We excel in providing brands with an authentic and credible way to connect with fans by feeding their pop culture obsessions. We are SpinMedia. We are #obsessed.
Branded Content Manager
- Support Integrated Marketing department with creative concepting for native content
- Work with Marketing to hone concepts into succinct pitches for proposals
- Manage all aspects of written native content production, including writing pieces and assigning pieces to contracted writers
- Oversee social promotion of native content
- Manage content performance and distribution to ensure fulfillment of campaign kpi’s.
- Proven track record in content and creative concepting in either editorial or marketing
- Fluency with WordPress
- Experience engaging social platforms as a means to drive traffic to content
- Familiarity with developing content marketing ROI through Facebook, Twitter StumbleUpon, AdWords, etc.
- Strong writing, and the ability to lend an adaptable voice and perspective to a variety of contexts and sites
Experiential Marketing and Events Intern
SpinMedia currently owns and operates over 40 websites ranging from music to fashion to celebrity news. The Experiential Marketing and Events intern program is designed to help qualified candidates learn about experiential marketing, event management and production, the entertainment industry, digital media as a medium for media consumption and syndication as well as give qualified candidates the ability to learn with hands-on experience what it’s like to work for the leading entertainment and pop-culture destination on the web. SpinMedia is looking for 2 interns for this program with unparalleled access and experience.
Based in Hollywood, this department is responsible for creating all offline experiences, events, stunts, and more, for our clients and consumers. Candidates must be deeply interested with everything pop-culture, music, film, tv, internet, art, and fashion related. This is a non-paid internship opportunity with unparallel access and ideal for students who need class credit. This is also a great opportunity for a Resume builder, contact builder and much more!
Your responsibilities will touch on all of the following core business units: Branded Entertainment, Sales and Marketing, Social Media, Digital Technology, Event Production and Management, Public Relations and general administrative / clerical research.
Please send your cover letter and resume for review. Candidates must receive school credit; please include availability in your introduction.
Integrated Marketing Internship - LA
Integrated Marketing Intern
3 days a week (approx 20 - 24 hours a week)
SpinMedia is defining digital culture; publishing more than 40 leading brands whose original voices define their categories. SpinMedia reaches one in four millennials in the U.S. monthly through its portfolio of award-winning and influential brands including: SPIN, VIBE, Death & Taxes, Celebuzz, Stereogum, Buzznet, TheSuperficial, Idolator, PureVolume, AbsolutePunk, SocialiteLife, Go Fug Yourself, Just Jared, Pink is the New Blog, Gorilla vs. Bear, TheFrisky!, Brooklyn Vegan and Punknews. As measured by comScore, SpinMedia is the largest digital publisher of entertainment news and the fourth largest digital publisher of original music content in the U.S. SpinMedia draws on original editorial content, deep audience engagement, and knowledge of the young adult audience to provide customized, innovative marketing and advertising solutions across its branded properties.
OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENT
The Integrated Marketing department works on a day to day basis with teams ranging from Ad Sales, Branded Entertainment, Editorial, Research, and Product to create unique marketing programs for advertising clients. Based on a given client’s target audience, objectives, creative assets, timeframe, and budget, the IM team ideates and puts together proposals that can include a variety of unique integrations such as editorial content, video, and events, all presented through the unique and authentic voices of SpinMedia's celebrity and music properties.
- Join brainstorms and contribute creative ideas
- Assist in crafting sales materials (PPT presentations, Word documents) in response to RFPs and also proactively for a variety of advertisers
- Assist in creating a new integrated marketing multi-media program that will include online, offline, mobile and social components
- Continuously update marketing and research materials (PPT presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Word docs)
- Liaise with various internal teams (Branded Entertainment, Product, Design, Research and Editorial)
- Must be a pop culture enthusiast who has a passion for celebrity, entertainment and music who want to learn the integrated marketing/sales business, contribute to the team and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- An interest or major/minor in marketing/sales (previous marketing internship is a plus)
- Ability to effectively communicate and write marketing concepts
- Skilled in PowerPoint and the Microsoft Suite of products
- Highly organized with good administrative skills
INTERN(S) MUST RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN SpinMedia's INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing
Candidates must be able to think like a marketer – understanding strategy and positioning as well as having a keen sense of production needs for each campaign’s end product. A successful Senior Manager must be confident interfacing with the sales team and clients, leading internal brainstorms and working in a fast-paced environment where multiple priorities are juggled daily.
Participate and lead daily brainstorming sessions with SpinMedia teams to answer RFPs
Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of SpinMedia’s portfolio of sites
Develop custom marketing ideas in response to RFPs and on a proactive basis using innovative marketing solutions that leverage the SpinMedia audience and beyond
Develop outstanding presentations which clearly communicate the marketing strategy and campaign ideas
Problem solving specifically within digital marketing programs involving custom program executions.
Partner with SpinMedia’s sales team to present programs to clients
Maintain and develop sales materials
Develop deep relationships with key clients
Partner with Account Management, Branded Entertainment, Editorial, Product, Design, and other internal teams and external partners to execute programs
Build custom programs as well as manage execution within budget and on schedule
Create program recaps and case studies
Research industry trends, social media/engagement tools, client and competitive marketing tactics as a valued team resource
Manage and approve outgoing RFPs
Experience developing integrated marketing programs within the music, entertainment or lifestyle vertical categories
Ability to showcase multiple examples of creative marketing programs where candidate develops the idea
Experience working across platforms with new technologies and ad products as well as offline support
Microsoft Office and Keynote Skills are a must - Basic PhotoShop skills are an added plus
Online marketing experience with knowledge of online marketing trends and measurement tools such as Google Analytics, comScore, @plan, etc.
Excellent writing and presentation skills
Strong attention to detail, organized and good management skills
High energy individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
Ability to work well with different personalities and within a team setting
Manage multiple projects and deadlines while delivering consistent, great quality work
Passionate about pop culture and looking to LOVE their job!
Ability to show creative examples where you were the source of the idea
Experience concepting and executing talent-driven programs and experiential marketing programs
Experience managing program budgets
Experience packaging programs
6+ years professional experience
Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree